Free Crochet Pattern
Forget Me Not Dish Cloth – The Alaska Edition
This dish cloth pattern is inspired by the Alaskan state flower, the Forget Me Not, the first in a four-part series. Simple single crochet stitches, and an easy cross stitch pattern, is all it takes to make this cheerful dish cloth. Make use of kitchen cotton, and add some color to your sink!
free pattern by: funkifybers.com
7 1/2in. by 7 1/2in.
- Lion Brand Kitchen Cotton (less than one skein each)
- Snap Pea
- 5.0mm hook
CH – Chain
SC – Single Crochet
SS – Slip Stitch
- This post may contain affiliated links.
- Please do not copy or distribute pattern as your own.
With Vanilla CH26,
Row 1: SC in second CH from hook, SC in each CH space, CH1 and turn work. (25SC)
Rows 2 through 24: SC in each stitch across, CH1 and turn work. (25SC)
Row 25: SC in each stitch across, fasten off and weave in ends. (25SC)
Here’s what you should have:
Cross Stitch Design:
To make the flower, use the cross stitch technique, click here for the cross stitch grid. I have outline my method below, however you can use the cross stitch method you are comfortable with. Here is a link to the Mooglyblog she has a great video if you need it: http://www.mooglyblog.com/cross-stitch-crochet-tutorial/
- To cross stitch the design place the right side of cloth facing you.
- Each Crochet stitch represents one cross stitch.
- From the to left corner count off 7SC, you will begin in the 8th stitch.
- Bring your needle up from the bottom left corner of the 8th stitch, be sure to not pull the thread all the way through. In cross stitch you will hold the thread from the back side preventing it from coming completely through.
- Pull your needle down through the upper right hand corner, this creates a diagonal line.
- Repeat steps 4 and five over the next two SC stitches, stitches 9 and 10.
- Now you will create an X over the SC stitch. Starting with your last stitch, the 10th SC.
- Bring your needle up from the bottom right corner.
- Pull your needle down through the upper left corner, cross stitch complete.
- Continue in this manner with indicated colors until design is complete.
- With Snap Pea add in the marked red lines on the pattern.
- Weave in ends on reverse side.
With Vanilla, complete a standing SC in any end stitch.
Round 1: SC in each stitch across, 3SC in corner, SC in each row, 3SC in next corner, SC in each stitch, 3SC in corner, SC in each row, 2SC in last corner, SS to first SC, fasten off and weave in ends.
Round 2: With Citrus complete a standing SC in any middle stitch in a corner. SC in each stitch, 3SC in corner, repeat until you reach last corner, 2SC in last corner SS to first SC, fasten off and weave in ends.
That’s it, I hope this cloth adds cheer to your kitchen.